Product code: 30628
A universal, down feather, hooded jacket made from white, hydrophobic, DOWNTEK goose down and a lightweight, PERTEX® Quantum material. Works as a standalone piece for dry, cool weather or as a warm, second layer. Detail description
Seeing as how down feathers do not retain heat when wet, we use a combination of synthetic PrimaLoft® padding and a natural, white goose down with water-repellent modifications. Down feathers and synthetic insulation are strategically placed to keep you warm, whether you wear the Valbella W jacket as a standalone piece or underneath a hardshell jacket in a winter blizzard. Although synthetic insulation is used in areas that are prone to moisture (the hood, sleeve hem, collar, elbow, and armpit area) while down feathers are used all throughout to keep your body nice and warm, this jacket still remains in the lightweight and easy-to-pack category. The down material used is a mixture of dust feathers, feather flakes, and feathers, which altogether form air chambers in and between the padded structure of the jacket. Air chambers are small barriers that help prevent warm air from escaping, but also prevent cold air from entering. The 90/10 feather down ratio and 800 cu.in. fill power create larger air chambers, which in turn capture more warm air, thereby providing you with greater thermal insulation. This lightweight, hooded, packable jacket comes with its own packing pouch, so you can easily carry it with you wherever you go and keep your backpack nice and organized. The low-profile hood adapted for helmet wear is insulated with synthetic padding, so your ears will stay nice and warm. Two zipped pockets, two inner mesh pockets, and one inner zipped pocket are great for storing your keys and phone, gloves and caps, or all the little things you need for an active adventure in the great outdoors. The retractable hood, bottom hem, and ends of the sleeves with an elastic hem will keep you out of the wind and winter cold. So long as you’ve got this jacket on, you won’t be in for any cold or wet surprises when an unexpected drizzle rolls around, but it’s still always best to combine it with a waterproof jacket for maximum protection when you know for certain a rainstorm is approaching.
- Note: We used a filling made of real and first-class natural down for the product, which has not been chemically bleached. Therefore, the dark brown feathers with a higher pigment content make up about 0.5% of the down filling. Due to the use of ultralight material, these feathers can be seen through the jacket material in lighter colors. This is a natural phenomenon, which is not a defect of the padding and does not affect the functionality of the jacket.
- Composite construction provides warmth where it is needed the most.
- Insulated with DOWNTEK 100% White goose down 90/10 – 800 cuins with water repellent finish. Primaloft® Silver Insulation Hi-Loft. Primaloft® Silver insulation and Primaloft® Insulation Eco Black.
- Jacket is made with a lightweight fabric. so the feathers are slightly visible through the fabric of the light color.
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps repel water from fabric surface
- Jacket is not waterproof. We recommend wearing a waterproof shell over the jacket in the event of rain.
- Fast Drying
- Wind resistant
- Slim fit
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- Articulated sleeves at the elbow line. underarm gussets to enhance motion and eliminate excess bulk
- Sleeve hem with elastic trimming
- Fully adjustable insulated helmet compatible hood
- Embossed plastic zipper pullers are easy to grab
- Compressible and packable - stuff sack is attached inside the pocket
- Full front 2-way YKK Vislon® zipper with internal flap and chinguard
- Two hand pockets with YKK reversed zippers
- Two internal mesh pockets
- One internal pocket with YKK zipper
- Adjustable bottom hem by elastic draw-cord
- Slightly dropped back hem for coverage
Down is a natural material, particularly popular for its ability to warm, in which it is virtually unrivalled. Its weakness, however, is rain, snow, water, sweat or any other form of moisture, which interferes with down's insulating abilities. more
Pertex® is a household name in the world of technical materials and has produced some fantastic and innovative materials that are among the top in their field. Their materials have first-class technical parameters and that is why we often use them on our products. more
The Primaloft brand has been one of the absolute leaders in technical materials since 1983, when, at the request of the US Army, they created a synthetic alternative to down. Today, this manufacturer is respected for its wide portfolio of synthetic insulations that set the standard in their category. more
YKK products can be found in all areas of industry. YKK produces a wide range of zippers, buttons, buckles and fastening accessories renowned internationally for their outstanding quality and durability. more
|Your height in cm (A)||Your chest in cm (B)|
Thank you for your inquiry.
We will try to respond to your question or comment as soon as possible.